"Holy Night Nativity" #05837
Available for immediate shipping if listed on www.dept56.biz "Holy Land" page.
- "Holy Night Nativity" Dept. 56 Holy Land series set of 6, Item #05837. This was a Department Store Exclusive for 2002 only. This set of 5 is the combination of Nativity, "Wisemen From The East" accessory, and "Palm Trees".
- "Nativity" -Joseph and Mary tend to the baby Jesus in a small dilapidated creche. A cherished scene in the hearts of many, the Nativity presents the baby Jesus lying in a manger, or feeding trough, which provides the only clue as to where the scene occurred. Shepherds with their flocks often sought shelter in the habitable caves found in the limestone hills near Bethlehem. Mangers were either hewn out of those cave walls or found in stables. Thus it is likely a cave or stable first housed the newborn child. Very little else is revealed about that special night, but according to the Gospel of Luke, Mary laid Jesus in a manger and wrapped him in bands of cloth. This practice, called swaddling, was done to strengthen bones during the first six months of life. Swaddling is still customary in some rural areas of the Near East. Mint condition piece in original box & sleeve. Size: 6.5" x 6" x 7.5".
- "Wise Men From The East" Dept. 56 accessory set of 2, Mint condition piece in original box & sleeve. The three legendary Wise Men use a camel to bring their offerings and prayers to the newborn baby. Although little is known of the Wise Men who followed the star to Bethlehem, their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh may have inspired our own tradition of giving gifts at Christmas Time. Size: 3"
- "Village Palm Trees" Dept. 56 accessory set of 2. Mint condition piece in original box & sleeve. Size: 4.75" x 3.5" x 14" largest.
Dept 56 Retirees, Inc.(since 1987) has 2 websites, same inventory, same prices!
Order secure online at: www.dept56.bizOrder by telephone at: www.dept56retirees.com
Credentials of Dept 56 Retirees, Inc.:
- Member Dept 56 National Council Of Clubs
- Advertise last page Village D-Tails Guide to Department 56 Villages
- Ebay username: garynshe 100% Positive Feedback -Member since: Aug-16-99
- Village D-Lights Magazine
Peter & Jeanne George's Greenbook & Magazine
- Linda Blankenship's Dickens' Exchange